Hey everyone, Trynda here.
Just wanted to bring you an Authortube video, this one’s going to be the Author Newbie Tag. It was started by Jenna the Dark One and I’ll be doing it just to introduce myself to the community and say hi to everybody.
1. How did you find out about Authortube?
I found out about Authortube through Natalia Lee and Rachael Stephen. I was looking for videos back in Prep-tober last year and I stumbled upon the channels.
2. What genres do you write in?
Usually, I write in Sci-if fantasy but I’ve also written paranormal and romance and Post-apocalyptics so, I’ve kind of written all over the board. Depending on what the story needs, I’ll write whatever.
3. What is your preferred writing tense, point of view and category of story?
Right now, I really like writing in past tense, third person limited just because it lets me get into my character’s head a little better. I’ve also written first person and present tense but I’ll really write whatever the story needs for it to be a good story.
4. Are you a plotter, planser or pantser?
I, generally, call myself a Planser because I like to have a little bit of an outline and still have the creative freedom to let my character surprise me and let me not know where I’m going completely.
5. Are you self-published, published or yet-to-be-published?
So, I was originally published by the late Winterpeg writers group in their voices journal and since then, I have self-published some of my short stories and plan to likely self-publish a novel in the near future.
6. What publishing company, literary agent and/or printing company are you represented by or use? If you’re not published yet, what is your dream publishing house or literary agent?
Honestly, I don’t really have a dream publisher or literary agent because I could never see anyone but myself publishing my work.
7. What Authortube related videos can we expect on your channel?
In the future, you can expect to see some more tag videos, some stuff up about my works in progress and also my process on how I go about writing.
8. When did you start writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember but for sure, it was when a friend of mine and I were passing these Star Wars comics we would make back and forth. I guess that could also be considered my first collaborative effort.
9. What was the first story you ever wrote?
Other than that comic, I think the first story I ever wrote was about this other dimension in anarchy where a queen of evil ruled and she was a badass. That, I wrote a few years later while I was in junior high.
10. What authors have inspired your writing the most?
I would have to say Catherine Smith and C.S. Louis. Let the Night Begin was probably the first book I read by Catherine Smith, it’s a vampire historical romance set in Victorian, London, and it introduced me to historical fiction and romance in a way that actually surprised me. To this day, I’ve probably read this book more than any other. C.S. Louis is my other inspirational author, the Chronicles of Narnia was the first series I ever read and it really pulled me in a direction of Urban fantasy and the multiple dimensions.
11. Do you schedule your writing sessions or simply get to writing whenever you can find time?
Generally, I write when I can find time but I try to work on something writing related at least once a day if not actual writing for five minutes or so.
12. Do you type on a computer, typewriter, write everything out by hand or use a blend of those? Where do you write in general?
So, I write everything out by hand using my Smart pen which then transcribes it so I can edit it later on the computer. Writing by hand lets me write wherever so, I don’t really have one spot that I sit, I’m on my couch a lot or I’m in my bed or outside, just everywhere.
13. What are you most looking forward to now that you’re a part of Authortube?
I’m really looking forward to meeting other authors and seeing how other people go about doing their writing. The community seems like it’s really good, I’m really close in.
So, that’s it for now guys. If you likes what you saw, make sure you hit the subscribe button, head over to my Patreon to check for new stuff over there, there’s always new content going up. All of my links are down below. I’ll include Jenna The Dark One, who was the original creator of this tag as well as Natalia and Racheal who I mentioned earlier in the video.
Thank you all for welcoming me into the community and I’ll see you later.
JennaTheDarkOne’s original video:
Natalia Leigh’s Channel:
Rachael Stephen’s Channel:
- How did you find out about AuthorTube?
- What genres do you write in?
- What is your preferred writing tense, point of view, and category of story? (Children’s, YA, NA, Adult, etc.)
- Are you a plotter, pantser, or plantser?
- Are you a self-published, published, or yet-to-be published?
- What publishing company, literary agent, and/or printing company are you represented by or use? If you’re not yet published, what is your dream publishing house and/or literary agent?
- What AuthorTube related videos can we expect to find on your channel?
- When did you start writing?
- What was the first story you ever wrote?
- What authors have inspired your writing the most?
- Do you schedule your writing sessions or simply get to writing whenever you can find the time?
- Do you type on a computer, typewriter, write everything out by hand, or use a blend of those? And where do you write in general?
- What are you most looking forward to now that youu2019re a part of AuthorTube?
Go Not Gently by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Leave a Reply